The Member Login/Online Portal opens for 2017 registration/license renewal on August 1, 2016 and closes October 31, 2016 at 1 PM. A late fee will be applied to all renewal applications received after October 15th.
Please see below for important and new information going into effect for the 2017 annual renewal period.
New Administrative Deadline
- To ensure there are no gaps between the licensing process and member’s eligibility to work, the Board of Directors approved a change in the Section 9.3 of the by-laws, requiring all LPNs to submit their renewal application and fee(s) on or before October 15, 2016.
- Effective with the 2017 renewal period, LPNs renewing after October 15th will be subject to a $50.00 late fee in addition to the annual fee of $325.00.
- The administrative deadline is necessary to ensure there is sufficient time to process renewal applications and ensure all LPNs are licensed and eligible for practice by November 1. (Reprint, College Reporter, Fall 2015)
- Licenses will continue to expire on October 31st annually.
Valid Email Address is Required
- A valid email address is required to complete the online renewal process and to receive important information about your practice.
- Please ensure your contact information is kept up to date on your Member Profile.
Online Registration/Licensure Renewal
- The Member Login/Online Portal opens for 2017 registration/license renewal on August 1, 2016 and closes October 31, 2016 at 1 PM; the online portal will reopen on November 1, 2016 at 8:30 AM.
- A late fee will be applied to all renewal applications received after October 15.
- If you have not renewed your 2017 license by October 31, 2016, your 2016 license will expire at midnight, and you will not be able to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- You are required use the Member Login/Online Portal to indicate if you are retiring, resigning or going on leave of absence (example: maternity or illness/injury leave) to avoid a re-instatement fee.
- It may take up to 5 – 7 business days for your renewal/registration application to be processed.
- A Registration/Licensing reminder will be sent out by email in August.
- If you have forgotten your password, simply click on the blue ‘forgot password?’ button on the homepage of the CLPNNS website, follow the steps and your password will be emailed to the email address CLPNNS has on file. If your email address has changed please contact CLPNNS.
Income Tax Receipts
- You can print your income tax receipt from the Member Login/Online Portal. When your renewal is complete, the receipt automatically appears in the License/Receipt Tab of your Member Profile. Paper receipts are not sent out.
- You (or your employer) can verify your licensure status via the License Verification button on the College website. (Paper licenses have not been issued since 2015.)
Early Bird Draw
- Complete your online renewal before October 1, 2016 and become eligible for the early bird draw and a chance to win the amount of the renewal fee!
A Green Option
- The online renewal process has been in place since 2012. It provides members a safe and secure flexible access for registration/licensure renewal. Online renewal also reduces the impact on the environment and costs associated with paper, printing and mailing.
Review the below guides for helpful renewal information.
If required, you can print a 2017 License Renewal Form and submit with the renewal fee to CLPNNS by mail or in-person, but please note above the new administrative deadlines.