The Annual General Meeting provides an opportunity for the Board to report on its governance work and discuss items that are of interest and relate to our mandate. It is also a great opportunity for members of the public and our registrants to learn more about how we are accountable to the Nova Scotian public.
2019 Annual General Meeting
The 2019 Annual General Meeting (AGM) will take place from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. on May 23. The meeting is open to the public and will include the following:
9:00 a.m. Call to Order – Jason Reeves, Chair
- Introduction of CLPNNS Board
- Voting body roll call
- Motion to accept standing rules of meeting
9:10 a.m. Approval of minutes and business arising from 2018 Annual General Meeting
9:15 a.m. Chair and Transition Executive Director’s Report – Jason Reeves and Sue Smith
9:25 a.m. Auditor’s Report
9:35 a.m. Questions on Board’s Annual Report
9:45 a.m. Resolutions and Motions from the floor
9:55 a.m. Introduction of 2019-2020 Board (if Nursing Act passed)
10:00 a.m. Adjournment of Business Meeting
How to Attend
New this year, there are two different ways to attend the AGM: in-person or online.
Join In-Person: the AGM will take place in our new office at 120 Western Parkway, Bedford, Nova Scotia. Join us in person to see our new space and meet the Board and staff.
Join Online: the AGM will also be available online. You can either:
- livestream the event as a member of the public or non-voting registrant; or,
- log into a secure online platform to participate as a voting delegate.
How to Participate
Before you register, it is important to identify how you will be participating in the meeting:
- Participate as a member of the public or non-voting registrant – this option is available to the public and to LPN registrants who do not wish to vote. In this role, you have the opportunity to attend the meeting and participate in the discussion.
- Participate as a voting body delegate – this option is only available to active-practising LPN registrants in good standing with CLPNNS who wish to vote on matters that are within the legislative mandate of CLPNNS.
How to Register
Now that you have determined how you will attend and participate, click on one of the following registration forms. Please read carefully to ensure you submit the correct form.
- I want to register to attend in-person as:
- I want to register to join online as:
If you are attending in person, pre-registration is open until May 21. Alternatively, you can also register at the door on the day of the AGM.
If you are attending online, pre-registration is required and open until 11:30 a.m. on May 21.
AGM Voting Rules
If you have any questions, please contact Sandy Dawe, CLPNNS Administrative Assistant, at email@example.com or (902) 423-4470.
College members are encouraged to submit resolutions to be voted upon at the AGM. While resolutions can relate to a number of issues (e.g., the scope of practice, continuing competence program), it is important to remember that the intent of all resolutions must fall within the parameters of the College’s regulatory mandate.
The call for resolutions closed on Monday, March 25, 2019.
CLPNNS Annual Reports
The College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Nova Scotia is pleased to present its 2017 Annual Report. Copies of the report are available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, (902) 423-8517 or toll-free 1-800-718-8517.
Previous Annual Reports: