To complete all the fields below, please follow these steps:
- Complete all fields in the ‘Personal Information’ section.
- Enter the date you completed your professional or learning activity. This will appear differently depending on your web browser. You can either type in the date using the format shown or click on the arrow next to the box and selecting your date from the pop-up menu.
- Type in a description of your activity. Note: It might be best to write this in advance and simply copy/paste it into the field.
- Click the button next to Yes or No for whether you received a certificate of attendance.
- Type in a description of the knowledge you gained from your learning.
- Type in a description of how your learning will improve your nursing practice and/or client outcomes.
- Type in a description of how you use this new knowledge to improve your practice and positively impact client outcomes.
- Repeat the above steps for Professional or Learning Activity #2
- Complete all remaining fields
- Click Submit.
See examples of how to properly fill out the section below.
It is important to note employer mandated education and/or review of knowledge (i.e. CPR, WHMIS, lifts and transfers, etc.) are not considered acceptable learning goals because they are not specific to practical nursing because they also apply to a variety of non-nurse care providers.