On the journey to co-create one nursing regulator in Nova Scotia, the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Nova Scotia (CLPNNS) and the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia (CRNNS) have reached an important milestone.
CLPNNS and CRNNS are excited to announce that in the spirit of one nursing regulator, both Colleges will be relocating in December to a new shared office in Bedford as a way to maximize efficiencies and to reduce the operational costs associated with maintaining two offices.
The decision to move to a new office is based on several factors, including:
- Accessibility: the new office is located in Bedford, which is more accessible for registrants, the public and other stakeholders who live outside of the Halifax area. The office also has ample parking and a future transit hub.
- Cost & Efficiencies: the new office has a more economical rental cost per month and allows both Colleges to share in these costs. The office is also located within an energy efficient building, which helps to keep operating costs low.
- Smooth Transition: When the legislation for one nursing regulator is proclaimed and the two Colleges become one, there will be little disruption to stakeholders because staff will already be relocated in a new space.
- Spirit of One Nursing Regulator: the co-creation of one nursing regulator has always been an initiative grounded in mutual commitment, collaboration and respect. Moving into a new office space, separate from the existing College offices, demonstrates a new and fresh vision for one nursing regulator in Nova Scotia.
A large-scale relocation like this takes time as systems are dismantled, transferred and installed in the new office. Our goal is to relocate both College offices as quickly as possible, while ensuring little disruption to our stakeholders. As a result, stakeholders can expect the following:
- The physical office at CLPNNS will be closed from December 12-14. During this time, staff will be working off-site and available via email or phone.
- During this time, all IT systems will be available. The phone system may be unavailable for a one-hour period on December 12.
- The physical office will re-open on Monday, December 17 at 8:30 a.m. in the new location.
New Office Location
Beginning on December 17, the CLPNNS office will be located at:
120 Western Parkway, Suite 300
Bedford, NS, B4B 0V2
If you are visiting us in the near future, click here for a map to our new office. All CLPNNS telephone numbers and email addresses will remain the same.
Have a Question?
If you have any questions, please reach out to CLPNNS at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your co-operation.