The work to co-create one nursing regulator in Nova Scotia is ongoing and there continues to be new and unique ways for you to get involved and help shape how the new one nursing regulator will operate in the interest of the Nova Scotian public.
Today, the Board of the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Nova Scotia (CLPNNS) and the Council of the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia (CRNNS) are excited to share with stakeholders an opportunity to provide feedback on the concepts being proposed for inclusion in the initial regulations that we believe will be required under the new Act for one nursing regulator. Feedback received from stakeholders as part of this consultation will be used to assist us in submitting draft regulations to government for review and approval.
As an important stakeholder in this process, we are seeking your feedback on regulation concepts related to:
- How new Board members will be selected and the length of a Board term
- How the new College will seek candidates for the public representative positions on the Board and regulatory committees
- Authority of the Practice Review Committee and the obligations of nurses who are subject to a practice review
- Authority and processes for the Reinstatement Committee
- Procedures for processing and addressing settlement agreements
This is your chance for input into these areas and we thank you in advance for your participation. Please note the survey will take no more than 20 minutes to complete and is available until December 20, 2018.